TMJ Treatment In AUstin, TX
At Perspective Dental, we specialize in treating TMJ.
What Is TMJ?
TMJ stands for the temporomandibular joint, which is the joint that attaches the jaw to the skull.
As with many other joints on the body, this joint can experience problems over time, causing pain and swelling. At Perspective Dentistry, we offer a range of TMJ treatment options to alleviate the pain and discomfort that you are feeling and to give you free range of the jawbone.
Why did your physician or dentist refer you for “TMJ”?
Certain symptoms are often seen in people who have temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders. These symptoms may be part of TMJ disorders, but are also found in other medical conditions that an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) treat, making diagnosis potentially difficult.
TMJ Symptoms include:
- Ear pain
- Hearing impairment, ringing in ears (tinnitus)
- A feeling of fullness/stuffiness/fluid in the ears
- Visual impairments, such as blurred vision
- Sinus pressure or pain
Dr. Ashley Smitherman has helped many people with TMJ issues GET OUT OF PAIN and FEEL BETTER.
Treating your TMJ issue as soon as possible is very important to reduce the chance of needing surgery.
Signs & Symptoms of a TMJ problem (one or more are possible):
- Limited ability to open
- Popping or clicking
- Jaw locking open or closed
- Muscle spasms in the face, jaw, or neck
- Jaw Pain
- Ear Pain
- Ear Stuffiness, fullness, or ringing
- Clenching/grinding of teeth
- Vertigo/dizziness Headaches
- Pain that spreads to shoulders/neck/back
- Pain behind the eyes
- Tinnitus or ringing in ears
Get started with a TMJ Evaluation
This one-time appointment is the first step to determining the root cause of your TMJ and alleviating your pain and discomfort.